Spelk is open for submissions.
Our current reading period is February 14 to March 12.
We will let you know by mid-March if your story has been accepted.
Submission guidelines: http://spelkfiction.com/submit-2/
Please keep the following in mind if you’d like to send us something:
- We publish flash fiction — 500 words, give or take.
- We’ll consider just about any genre: we’re not fussy if it’s “literary” or “non-literary.” If we like it, we’ll publish it.
- We don’t publish poetry or non-fiction.
- We post three stories a week, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- We want previously unpublished stories. If you’ve got something good, we want it to appear on Spelk first.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but let us know if you place your story somewhere else.
- We don’t accept multiple submissions, so just one story at a time please.
- We don’t pay. Sorry.
- You retain all rights to your story, but we’d like to archive it on our site.
- Spell-check your story before you send it. Proof it. Make sure it’s the best you can make it.
- Send us a Word document and include a short bio at the end of your story. Let us know if you’re on Facebook or Twitter, or if you have your own website.
- Email your story to Gary Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: SUBMISSIONS — “STORY TITLE”).