The 2017 Shooter Short Story Competition seeks stories of any style, subject, genre and length (up to 5,000 words). The contest spotlights the best and brightest upcoming literary talent, with cash prizes and publication in the magazine and online.
We’re looking for imaginative, surprising, absorbing and beautifully written stories that bring characters to life and elicit an emotional response from the reader. In short, well written tales that appeal to both the head and the heart.
In return for the £7 entry fee, all entrants receive an e-copy of Shooter’s summer 2017 issue, which will feature the winning story.
- The winner of the 2017 Shooter Short Story Competition will receive £250, publication in the summer issue and on the website, and promotion on Shooter’s social media.
- The runner-up will receive £50, publication on Shooter’s website, and promotion on social media.
- All entrants will receive an e-copy of Shooter’s summer issue.
- Stories may be any theme or genre, and any length up to 5,000 words.
- The competition is open to entries through April 16th, 2017.
- All proceeds from entry fees go toward prizes, contributor payments and Shooter’s production costs, supporting our mission to promote the best new writing and encourage the principle of paying writers for their work.
To enter, please email your story (as a .doc, .docx, .rtf or .pdf file) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of April 16th, 2017. Include your name, title of story and word count in the body of the email, with no identifying information on the story itself. Multiple entries are accepted. Payment can be made via Shooter’s website at https://shooterlitmag.com/competition.
Other information can be found at https://shooterlitmag.com. We look forward to reading your work – good luck!