The August Talking Tales was fantastic, but Talking Tales #10 is going to be even better! Trust me…I’m a writer.
We can promise all of this:
- Entertaining, downright funny and edgy stories to make you laugh, shudder or to stir your emotions
- Being part of this year’s amazing (BFOL)
- Great music, from the brilliant and most appropriately named band in the world – The Bookshop Band
Writers – submissions for Talking Tales#10 close at on 14th October. E-mail your story (to be read in less than 10 minutes) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event details – are stupendously straight-forward:
…venue: Left Bank, 128 Cheltenham Road, Stokes Croft, Bristol BS6 5RW
…time: 7.00pm on Saturday 22nd October 2016
…join-in: the ‘finish the lines’ competition – win a badge.
Stokes Croft Writers would love to see you there.
Let us tell you another story…
Writers Unchained of Bristol are delighted to announce the next Story Sunday event on October 23rd will be part of the 2016 Bristol Literature Festival (October 21 – 29th) an event famous for its nurturing of grassroots writing and performing talent.
Our theme this time is The Twilight Zone so we’re calling for stories in the genres of scifi, fantasy and speculative fiction.
- wordcount 500 – 1500
- stories can be published or unpublished as long as you have the right to read it out.
- deadline midnight Friday October 7th 2016
- only submit if you can read on Sunday October 23rd between 6 and 8 pm at Southbank Club, Dean Lane, Bedminster, Bristol BS3 1DB.
There’s more detailed information on how to submit on our website.
Don’t forget this is also an event for those who just enjoy listening!
Tickets for ‘non-readers’ will be £5 on the door.