The Short Anthology‘s First Issue has launched.
Each issue of The Short Anthology will be a collection of short stories based on photography. The first issue used 8 photographs of the sea by Joe Coleman and had 6 writers create short stories based on one or a few of the photos. The stories are a very eclectic mixture, ranging from dystopian African sci-fi to a story about immigration and loneliness set in Dover, UK.
The writers are:
- Dilman Dila, who was shortlisted for the 2013 Commonwealth Short Story Prize and is based in Uganda
- Jonathan Kearnes, an MA graduate in Creative Writing based in London
- Scott Morris, who was shortlisted for the 2013 White Review Short Story Prize and is Fiction Editor of The Literateur
- Katherine Proctor, non-fiction editor of Should Does from North Carolina
- Michael Salu, former artistic director of Granta Publications who has had his work published in various magazines
- Matthew Sperling, a writer of poetry, fiction and criticism and a Leverhulme Trust research fellow at Reading University
The First Issue is available to buy here: www.theshortanthology.com