Shooter Literary Magazine’s 2020 Short Story Competition is now open to stories of any style, subject or genre, up to a max of 5,000 words. The contest spotlights the best emerging literary talent, with £500 in cash prizes and publication both in the magazine and online.
Shooter seeks imaginative, absorbing and beautifully written work that brings characters to life and elicits an emotional response from the reader. In short, we want well written tales that appeal to both the head and the heart.
In return for the £7 entry fee (or £10 for two), all entrants receive an e-copy of Shooter’s winter 2021 issue, which will feature the winning story.
- The winner of the 2020 Shooter Short Story Competition will receive £400, publication in the winter issue and on the website, and promotion on Shooter’s social media.
- The runner-up will receive £100, publication on Shooter’s website, and promotion on social media.
- All entrants will receive an e-copy of Shooter’s winter issue.
- Stories may be any theme or genre, up to a max of 5,000 words.
- The competition is open to entries through May 31st, 2020.
- Winners will be announced in July 2020
- All proceeds from entry fees go toward prizes, contributor payments and Shooter’s production costs, supporting our mission to promote the best new writing and encourage the principle of paying writers for their work.
To enter, please email your story (as a Word or PDF file) to email@example.com by the deadline of May 31st, 2020. Include your name, title of story and word count in the body of the email, with no identifying information on the story itself. Multiple entries are accepted. Payment can be made via Shooter’s website at https://shooterlitmag.com/competition.
Other information can be found at https://shooterlitmag.com. We look forward to reading your work – good luck!