From action heroes to Irish farmers, murderers to museum guards, via cuckolds, crosswords, “relationship wine” and a man who starts growing balloons all over his body, we at Liars’ League have ten wild, weird and wonderful flash fiction stories for you in our birthday special* on Tuesday 10th April (click for Facebook event link).
Tickets to this terrific tasting menu of tiny tales are just £5 on the door (cash only) which adds up to 50p per story: probably the biggest entertainment bargain in the West End. Your £5 will also get you a programme, birthday cake, entry to our literary quiz (win books!), and of course all the small and beautiful sweets you can eat.
- Action by William Conway & Chiaroscuro by Richard A. Shury, read by Rich Keeble
- Lighter than Air by Anton Rose & Mugged by Stephen Baily, read by Miranda Harrison
- Wine Frame of Mind by Joseph Francis & The Last Real Thing by MFC Feeley, read by James Price
- Losers by Nicolas Ridley, read by Will Goodhand
- 24 Tiny Tales by Andreas Paraskevaides, read by Claire Lacey & Will Goodhand
- Decluttering by Sue Smith, read by Claire Lacey
- Mandatory Meeting for Museum Guards Before The VIP + Members’ Exhibition Opening Reception by Rachel Karyo, read by Keleigh Wolf
As always, doors open at 7pm and the show begins at 7.30. Drinks and food will be available at the bar, and the infamous interval quiz will feature fabulous free books to be won! There’s no pre-booking, but tables for four or more can be reserved by calling 07808 939535. And finally, if for whatever unimaginable reasons you can’t make the show, performances are recorded for podcast and videoed in HD for our YouTube channel.
The venue is the downstairs bar at:
The Phoenix pub
37 Cavendish Square
(The Phoenix is 5 minutes’ walk from Oxford Circus tube station, which is on the Victoria, Bakerloo and Central lines. Map here)
*we’re 11 this year, since you ask …