THE CITY: ISOLATION/ TOGETHERNESS
Online fiction journal Flight Journal is now calling for short story writers to submit their micro fiction. The chosen writers will:
- Receive £25
- Have their work professionally published
For this issue, Flight Journal is looking for micro fiction of up to 500 words. The theme for this issue is The City: Isolation and/or Togetherness. We would like to read a range of voices and tones, particularly those which can move or amuse (or both!). Everything else is left completely open for you as a writer to interpret.
In some instances we may choose works that we would like to develop with the author through one-to-one conversations and edits. Please bear this in mind when submitting your stories.
- Published and unpublished writers are both welcome. Any genre or style is welcome. No matter what the genre, we want to hear from you.
- Your work must be 500 words or less (the emphasis for Issue 3 is on micro fiction), and should not have been published before (on your personal blog, other websites, or in print).
- Flight Journal accepts submissions written in English from anywhere in the world (however, you must have a UK bank account for payment).
- One story per submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome but please let us know if your work has been accepted elsewhere.
- Your work must be submitted via Word document (if formatting is an issue please send us it in both as a .doc or .docx and PDF).
- Submissions will be judged ‘blind’ so please do not include any biographical information or your name within the text, or with your submission.
To enter please submit your story via Submittable by clicking here.
The deadline is: 31 October, 11.59pm (as in the last minute of 31 October)
3 thoughts on “Flight Journal Issue 3: Call for Submissions”
Pingback: Flight Journal Issue 3: Call for Submissions | Writing hints and competitions
Pingback: October Round-Up I | ShortStops
Pingback: October Round-Up II | ShortStops