Hello to you all from Bunbury Magazine! We hope you’re doing well. We’ve just swing by quickly to give you some absolutely terrific news and give you some updates.
First off, there is this:
You may remember last time we came by we were asking for your votes to get shortlisted for the Saboteur Awards 2016. Well, we only flippin’ went and did it, didn’t we? We want to thank you all for helping us make the shortlist. The groundswell of support has really blown us away. Keri and I are going to be true to our word and get the tattoos. Christopher is going for the words ‘DON’T PANIC’ and Keri will be getting an ampersand.
Now, we feel like the support we have got from you all has been showered over us but let’s turn this into flowers for May! We’re on the shortlist. We’re in it so we would like to try and win it. There is another round of voting to decide the winner open now. We would be absolutely made up to be able to come home with the big prize. If you need a little convincing, here are some reason that Bunbury Magazine is worthy of Best Magazine:
- Our commitment to supporting grassroots creativity, giving a platform to those who may not find it through traditional media.
- Our commitment to bringing you the best interviews we possibly can. In the past, we have had the honour to talk to Jasika Nicole, Michael R Perry, Phil Jupitus, Christian Reilly, Wil Hodgson to name but a few.
- The Edinburgh Fringe feature we do every year, giving coverage to the stars of the Free Fringe, those who make it a phenomenal place to be for a whole month!
- The focus we are now bringing to writing in our local area, giving space and a platform to the wonderful talent in the North West area.
- Check out some of the front covers. They’re so damn pretty!
And finally, if we win, not only will we get the tattoos, but we’ll go live on Periscope so you can witness them being done first hand. It’s going to be worth checking that out as Christopher is a complete wimp and will probably have a breakdown! You know you all want to see that. So get voting now folks. The link is below for you. There are lots of categories to get involved in too!
In other news, work is underway editing issue 13 for all you folks. If you sent a piece in to us, we will be in touch with you very soon. In the meantime, here is the theme for issue 14! The inbox is open now so let us see what you got, good folks! Click to the picture below for our submissions guidelines and details.
Other than that, we’re just keeping up the good work for you good folk. We have our trip to Edinburgh Fringe 2016 coming up so if you are up there performing do let us know and we will get an interview for our feature to you.
Thank you all so much once again for all your help and support. It really does mean the world to us.
Much love and keep scribbling,
Christopher and Keri xxx
2 thoughts on “Bunbury has some amazing news for you!”
Pingback: May Round-Up II | ShortStops
Pingback: May Round-Up III | ShortStops