After discovering Marh, a.k.a. Piotr Marchela, way back in February, we’ve fallen in love with his illustrations – but of course we have! His work is folky, mysterious, and just a little bit grisly; what’s not to like? So The Queen’s Head is well chuffed to be teaming up with him to launch a flash fiction competition. Up for grabs is a Queen’s Head bundle of everything we’ve published thus far! That includes:
- The Queen’s Head back-issues #1-5 & New Issue #6
- ‘The Queen’s Head Presents’ triptych mini-zine
- 2 x postcards by Tawny Kerr – ‘Wish You Were Here’ & ‘Come Home Soon’
- 1 x poster by Kate Montgomery & Aimee Williamson – ‘Agony Aunts’
It’s a veritable zine haul. Three runners-up will get any issue of their choosing, and all writers in the top ten will have their work featured on the site.
To enter, send us up to 300 words inspired by one of three of Marh’s illustrations, which can be found here on The Queen’s Head blog.
Here’s the guidelines:
- The competition is open to UK & Ireland entrants only.
- The closing date for entries is midnight (UK time) on the 7th June.
- Submit your entry to email@example.com. Please start your subject line with ‘Comp Sub’ followed by the name of your chosen illustration, with your name, flash fiction and word count included in the body of the email.
- Any entries over 300 words will be disqualified.
- Entries must not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere; copyright remains with the author.
We can’t wait to read your entries – get flashing!
3 thoughts on “The Queen’s Head Flash Fiction Competition – With Mahr”
Pingback: May Fortnightly Round-Up II | ShortStops
Thanks for the introduction to this enchanting illustrator. It is reminiscent of some things I’ve seen in the past, but I never knew their origin. Hope you get some great submissions!
Pingback: June Fortnightly Round-Up I | ShortStops