Are you an inspiring writer?
The RAC are launching a nationwide short story competition on the theme of driving in Europe. The aim is to bring to life the joy of driving in Europe. The winner will have the opportunity to win £500 and have their story published by the RAC.
Stories must encompass the theme of driving abroad within the European Union, and all entries will be judged by acclaimed writer, Ben Hatch, author of hilarious travel books such as Are We There Yet and The Road to Rouen.
Ben Hatch said: “It’s great to see the RAC launching a national short story competition to explore in a different light the experience that driving in Europe can bring. Short stories are an excellent way of trying out writing styles and narratives and can be a lot of fun, but that’s not to say it’s always easy. With a short story each sentence really does have to earn its place and work in terms of moving the narrative on.”
What are the rules?
- “Concise and exciting writing alongside a real grasp of the driving abroad theme” – Ben Hatch.
- Short stories must not exceed 1000 words.
- Stories can include the UK but must include at least one European Union Country.
- Entrants must be aged 18 and over.
- The story should follow a fictional narrative.
- The competition opens from 19th May 2014 and closes on 11th Sepetember 2014.
The winner will receive £500 and RAC 5* European Breakdown Cover for a year, as well as being published in the RAC Club digital magazine. Two runners-up will be awarded £100 M&S vouchers and shortlisted entries have the chance to be published on the RAC website.
For more information and full terms and conditions, please visit:
Good luck to all writers, get creative and get writing!