We’re running a fast-paced new flash fiction contest at Ether Books. The contest is already underway (we’re a little late adding it here—oops!), but feel free to hop in at any point for a chance to win.
Edit: we’ve changed some of the details since this post was originally published. We’ve had to move the downloads phase/publication of entries until the end of the contest, due to technical issues.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The submissions phase takes place June 16th – June 23rd.
- It’s a flash fiction competition, with a limit of 500 words.
- There will be a new theme every day. Our first, for example, was ADVENTURE.
- You have 24 hours to submit to each theme, and at midnight GMT we switch to the next one.
- There are two ways to win: by number of downloads or judged:
- At the end of the contest, we will release all entries and give you eight days to get the downloads in. The person with the OVERALL highest number of downloads wins the grand prize of options in the company, which means you have more of a chance the more times you enter. All downloads count, minimum 100 downloads to qualify.
- We will also pick our favourite from each day/theme, to be announced at the end of the contest. Winners get a promotional package: we feature you and your work (on blog, app, website), promote you on social media, etc.
- The submissions phase closes midnight June 24th, and all winners will be announced following the downloads phase (approximately July 2nd, TBC).
- You may submit one entry per day.