Spooky Tales Writing Competition
in association with: Miracle e-zine & What the Dickens? Magazine
Poetry ~ Flash Fiction ~ Short Stories ~ Cover Artwork
Entry Fee: £2.50
Closing Date: 31st December 2013
Judges: Holly Hopkins & Sophie Playle
Entries to be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am the Ghost of Christmas present” said the spirit. “Look upon me!”
-Charles Dickens, Christmas Carol
This Christmas, Miracle Magazine and What The Dickens! Magazine brings a very spooky contest for you to plug the strings of your creativity. This competition is all about the sound of the creaking door, the clattering of the crockery, the demoniac laugh and the ghost of past. It is about dragging your spookiness into some wobbly ghostly literary pieces!
The winners of this contest will be published in an anthology by the two magazines to be launched in February 2014. Also, the top winner in each of the category will be awarded with a cash prize. So, what are you waiting for? Wear you ‘headless earl’ or ‘suicide’s skeleton’ attire and cave in!
1. Participants can send their entries in poetry, flash fiction, short stories and for the cover artwork of the anthology.
Poetry: 40 lines
Short Fiction: 2500 words
Flash Fiction: 1000 words
2. All the entries are to be emailed at email@example.com after paying a small fee of £2.50 from What The Dickens! Magazine’s shop.
3. All the entries should be in English and must be the original work of the author.
4. Entrants must mention their Name and Age with the entry.
5. The closing date for entries is 31st December 2013.